Michael S. Wilensky
Michael is recognized as one of Georgia’s premier wrongful death and serious injury attorneys. He has the highest rating available by Martindale-Hubbell as an AV Rated Preeminent Attorney. Recently, Michael was selected for the second consecutive year to become a member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40. In 2017, 2018, and 2019, Michael was recognized by the American Society of Legal Advocates with the award of Top 40 Litigation Lawyer Under 40. And, Michael has now been awarded Legal Elite by Georgia Trend Magazine 5 times (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018).
In addition to his law practice, Michael was elected to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2018 and currently represents District 79, covering Dunwoody, a part of Doraville, and a small piece of Chamblee. He is a member of the Judiciary Committee, Intragovernmental Coordination Committee, and the Budget and Fiscal Affairs Oversight Committee.
Michael is a member of the American Association of Justice, The Dunwoody Bar Association, The Dunwoody Farmers Market Committee, The Rotary Club of Dunwoody, is on the Anti-Defamation League Southeast Regional Board and their Civil Rights Committee, and is an Arbitrator for the State Bar of Georgia Fee Arbitration Program.
Michael is immediate past HOA President of Ashford Chase and Past President of Brotherhood at Congregation B’nai Torah. He is a past member of The Posse Foundation Leadership Committee, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Legislative Committee, and The City of Dunwoody Sustainability Committee.
- J.D., University of Maryland School of Law
- B.A., University of Georgia
- Georgia State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- Pro Hac Vice Admission in Florida
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Arbitrator for the State Bar of Georgia Fee Arbitration Program
- Anti-Defamation League Southeast Region Board Member
- Dunwoody Bar Association
- Dunwoody Farmers Market Committee
- Rotary Club of Dunwoody
- Past Member of The Posse Foundation Leadership Committee
- Past President of Brotherhood at Congregration B’nai Torah
- Past Member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Legislative Committee
Awards / Recognitions
- “AV Preeminent” rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 – 2017, 2018
- Top 40 Litigation Lawyer Under 40 In the State of Georgia by American Society of Legal Advocates – 2017, 2018, 2019
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018
- Co-author, “Ten Social Media Warnings for Clients,” Trial magazine (January 2016)
Michael S. Wilensky, LLC is solely devoted to families who have suffered the wrongful death of a loved one and individuals who have suffered serious injuries arising out of tractor-trailer, motorcycle and auto collisions, premises assault/negligent security cases, chiropractic malpractice, and nursing home and long-term care negligence, among other areas.